- About ORNAA
- Funding & Awards
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Executive Area
Provincial Education Funding Information
A designated amount of monies are allocated annually by ORNAA for bursary and special education funding for the promotion of education. This allocation of monies is reflected in the ORNAA annual budget.
- The number of awards shall not exceed five (5) per completed program and/or degree.
- A maximum of ten (10) bursaries, each in the amount of $300, to be awarded annually.
- To qualify for an award, verification of completed course and receipts confirming tuition are required.
Special Education amounts:
- An award of $1500 will be granted to one (1) recipient annually.
- This award is designed to assist perioperative registered nurses in their final year of full time studies (while on an approved leave from perioperative nursing).
- The ORNAA Bursary/Special Education Committee will give individual consideration of applicants employed part time.
- To promote further education and specialization in the area of perioperative nursing practice in Alberta.
- To encourage the development of administrative skills, clinical practice and education of perioperative nurses in Alberta.
- To encourage perioperative nurses to contribute articles to the ORNAA provincial newsletter-Snips and Snaps.
Courses for consideration:
- Post-graduate course for perioperative nursing including Registered Nurse First Assist (RNFA).
- Baccalaureate in Nursing, Education, Science or Administration.
- Masters in Nursing, Education, Science or Administration.
- PhD in Nursing, Education, Science or Administration.
Eligibility criteria for members for bursary and special education funding
- It is the member's responsibility to clarify any questions regarding application.
- To apply for funding, applicants must be an active member/associate of ORNAC and have held a membership in the year prior to commencing courses stated in application.
- In the membership year prior to the funding application, an applicant must have attended at least TWO (2) district meetings or ONE (1) district meeting and ONE (1) provincial or national education session, conference or teleconference.
- In the membership year prior to the funding application, an applicant living a distance of more than 200 kilometers away from their major centers (or less as determined by each district board) must have attended at least ONE (1) district meeting or ONE (1) provincial or national education session, conference or teleconference.
- It is the member's responsibility to ensure their attendance is verified (e.g., signing attendance book and/or retaining certificate of attendance as proof).
- Applicant must be currently employed or on an approved education leave from perioperative nursing.
- The ORNAA Bursary/Special Education Committee will recognize applicants that contribute to the district, provincial and national levels of the operating room nurses associations.
- Course/program tuition(s) expense is considered as stated on Bursary/Special Education application.
- Applicants must disclose other sources of funding. Failing to do so will result in disqualification of the applicant.
- Following successful course completion, an ORNAA Bursary and Special Education Funding application form is submitted along with the receipt(s) for course tuition and proof of successful course/program completion to the ORNAA Bursary/Special Education Director.
- The ORNAA Bursary/Special Education Committee reviews all bursary/special education applications and presents them to the ORNAA Executive/Board at the next board meeting.
- Distribution of awards will be based on application information and number of applicants.
- Recipients of awards are announced and presented at the ORNAA Annual General Meeting.
- ORNAA reserves the right to publish the names of award recipients in Snips and Snaps and encourages recipients to submit articles of interest from their studies to Snips and Snaps and/or the ORNAC Journal.
Click here to download the application form
Please click here for the complete registration forms or contact for more information.