- About ORNAA
- Funding & Awards
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Executive Area
Operating Room Nurses of Alberta Association
The Operating Room Nurses of Alberta Association (ORNAA) is a provincial council of the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada (ORNAC). We are an organization comprised of perioperative Registered Nurses and associates from Alberta and the Northwest Territories. We are a specialty interest group of the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
ORNAA is dedicated to the promotion of excellence in perioperative nursing practice by:
- Encouraging membership in the association;
- Promoting and supporting the acquisition and maintenance of certification through the Canadian Nurses Association [CPN(c)];
- Providing and funding educational opportunities;
- Publishing and distributing a newsletter;
- Disseminating information and updates including nationally established perioperative standards and guidelines;
- Serving as a liaison between the membership, other health care partner organizations and associations as required;
- Encouraging and supporting perioperative nursing research; and
- Maintaining a history of the organization.
Our vision is to be the provincial leader in perioperative practice by promoting and supporting the professional growth of our members and associates.